Thursday, February 28, 2008

Teacherspeak

It's stupid. It may be worse than double speak and slightly better than GeorgeWBushdumbass speak. Not sure. It just blows my mind that I can be thirty-one and still ignorant to all these terms and phrases that I'm learning in my MAT program. My friend Kevin and I were talking about it and he said that this like the immersion technique in foreign language classes. That's because it is a foreign language. I'm on spring break right now, but still have to work. Plus, I have a 15-20page paper due next Tuesday. I'm trying to start on that. I can't wait til the end of this semester! I'm heading straight for the damn beach! Seriously.

I'm at a point right now where I'm just a little stressed out. Taking classes full-time is really hard with everything else going on. Today would have been an awesome day to stay in bed and let the world go away for a little while.

Did you catch the passing elusion to my age? Yes, I had a birthday. It was great!!! I wasn't expecting anything big, but Scott got me this painting I've been drooling over for months! I am a bonafied regular at Sunergos Coffee less than a mile from our house. For the past six months, they've been displaying an artist that I am absolutely in love with. A couple months ago, I dragged Hawkins and Scott to see the paintings that I love so much. They were/are WAY out of our price range. We really don't have the money to buy real art, you know? But when I got home from work on my birthday, my favorite painting "Adolescent Birds" was hanging on our wall! It was the best present I have EVER gotten. So magnificent. That night, we ordered Mexican takeout and Molly and Steve came over to eat with us. It was perfect! Then, on Saturday, we got a babysitter and went out for the evening. Fun, fun, but the painting was really the BEST part of the birthday. Last Saturday, too, Scott gave me an "Amber" day to hang out with Molly. We went shopping and then drank some wine and had dinner. It was much fun!

Here's a couple pics of our trip to Tennessee a few weeks ago. Hawkins and I are total dorks and do not match. Seriously, my mom takes some pretty terrible photos of me, but this one may be the worst.

Just got over the flu and had my first big snow! We were all too sick to play in it, though. Grammy's in town helping to nurse everyone back to health and I am back at work with a week's worth of catch up to do. I don't know if I've ever had the flu before, but this shit was brutal. I was hullucinating and dizzy and all kinds of crazy stuff. Next year, my family is going to be first in line for the flu shots, man. Will post some new pics soon. I've got to email them from the laptop so I'll have them on hand. Hawkins gets cuter and cuter. He's talking a lot now. He says "all gone" when he's done with his bottle and whispers "poopoo" to himself when he has a dirty diaper. The kid is pretty much a genius.




No comments: